In this case, try updating the iOS a few hours later. By doing so, you would be able to enter the DMU mode on your device. You can use it as one of the solutions to fix iPhone won’t restore problem and recover your device. This is one of the most common errors faced by iOS users. There are times when after connecting your phone to the system or while syncing it with iTunes, you might get an “unknown error” message like this. There would be a serial number written besides that (for instance, error 21).
- Therefore, when you jailbreak your iPhone, it may get stuck on Apple logo because files were not correctly modified.
- In the last 10 years, she has been published in dozens of publications internationally and won an excellence award.
- If you use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod, chances are you’ve got one or more IPSW files deep within the folder structure of your Mac or PC.
- Otherwise, you put your device at risk of mishandling.
- However, if you didn’t find the solution in the previous methods, feel free to try them as well.
In order to establish a reliable connection, you need to tap on the “Trust” button. Otherwise, you won’t be able to connect your phone to your system. We are sure that after following our suggestions, you would be able to learn how to fix iPhone won’t restore issue. Nevertheless, if you are still facing a few setbacks, then don’t worry. To help our readers, we have come up with some bonus tips to fix https://staging.kolcraft.com/blog/boost-your-samsung-sgh-t999l-performance-with-the/ iPhone won’t restore problem. Please check the connection, power cycle the product and try again. File has an incompatible version number.
Follow this guide, it will explain what does it mean and give 4 solutions to fix this problem. The iPhone “iPhone” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt. To restore, DFU mode is a comparatively complex method. No matter if your device is stuck or crashing, again and again, DFU mode will take you to the restoration process. Remember to back up your iPhone in the very beginning because this way will erase all your data. Locate and select IPSW firmware files on your computer. A few minutes later, the device will restart in normal mode.
- Press and hold Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for about 10 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake button and keep holding Home button until iTunes detects the iPhone in recovery mode.
- To do this, you can visit Apple’s listing of error types here.
- Firmware commonly refers to the phone codes which deal with the cell tower communication for voice and data.
- You can use these files to update iOS manually via iTunes.
- Most of these errors get fixed merely by restarting your Mac.
- If this doesn’t work on your current iTunes version, make sure you have downloaded the latest iTunes and try restoring the iDevice again.
You can also download IPSW files manually from third-party sites such as IPSW.me, which you can then use to downgrade the system software on the iPhone and iPad. You’ll see several DMG (Apple Disk Image) and PLIST (Property List) files, including a folder holding the iPhone, iPad, or iPod firmware, if you ever choose to extract one.
If you are still unable to install iOS 16 on your device, then the next method involves using iTunes. Fixing the update failed issue with the help of iTunes can be an easy and effective way.